Monday, January 02, 2006

My world is max 20" wide!

How big is my world. Just about (max) 20 inches wide (Dont think of something else). What me mean is............. Everday for about 9-10 hours me sit in front of comp at office where the world is just about 17" wide. With one hand on the keyboard, usually the left hand and the right hand pretty much permanently on the mouse!! Then when back at home atleast for 1-3 hrs the world is 20 inches wide. Me talking about the size/width of the tv screen. Hence effectively 10-13 hrs a day is just max 20 inches wide. Rest 8-10 hrs goes in sleep, ya me know that dreams do not have any fixed size, me mean the format! neither 17 or 20 or 70 mm cinemascope like that.
For most of us this holds true as we are most of the time glued to the TFT or picture tube which is our world. For most part of the day, the right hand holds either the mouse or the TV remote!!! ugh....... How boring!! But still me do the same thing day in and day out.

However this world gets enlarged when we meet friends. The horizon broadens. Similarly when we read books which takes us to a new plane (provided the book interests us!).

No comments: